• To conduct in-depth macroeconomic and financial market research on Hong Kong, Mainland China, and the Asia-Pacific region
• To provide leadership for a team of macroeconomists in their research activities
• To assist in planning and implementing research programmes, and organizing conferences and seminars.
• Post-graduate university degree in economics or finance. Senior Managers specializing in research typically hold a Ph.D or MA in economics
• Solid economic background with at least five years’ experience in economic analysis or research work, preferably in central banks or multilateral organizations
• Strong skills of econometrics, and modeling
• Strong record of research output
• Excellent command of English, good presentation skills and solid management experience.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, with flexibility to take account of additional experience and qualifications. Fringe benefits include medical and dental benefits, paid annual leave and provident fund benefits.
How to apply
Please fill in an application form (available either at the HKMA’s website http://www.hkma.gov.hk or at the reception counter at the following address) and write in confidence to:-
Hong Kong Monetary Authority
55/F., Two International Finance Centre
8 Finance Street, Central, Hong Kong
A full resumé including details of past experience and copy of credentials should be attached to the applications. Please mark your correspondence address and the position applied on the envelope.
Completed applications should reach the Hong Kong Monetary Authority by 1 January 2011. Those not contacted by the HKMA within three months from the close of application should consider their applications filed for future reference.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policies, a copy of which will be provided upon request. You may contact the Recruitment Officer at the above address or direct your request by fax at 2878 1885.
The HKMA is an equal opportunities employer. More information on the HKMA can be found at the website http://www.hkma.gov.hk.